- Explain the nature of the criminal charges against you.
- We will tell you your options.
- We will tell you about possible penalties for the charges.
- Explain the court process and whether you may have a defence to the charge.
- Provide you with an estimate of the cost involved in either defending the charge.
- Present your case to court in a manner mitigating your sentence if you decided to plead Guilty.
What makes a great criminal lawyer?
We recommend keeping the following in mind when choosing a criminal lawyer in Canberra.
Expertise. The best criminal lawyers are experts in their field. They are able to provide you with sound advice relating to law, precedents, and the Court process.
Experience. A lawyer who has seen it all before is unmatchable and able to tell you exactly how to deal with difficult situations.
Understanding. Being charged with a criminal offence isn’t usually a pleasant experience. We understand and we are compassionate lawyers who will listen to you at length.
Transparent. We lawyers are not expensive and we have a transparent fee structure, so you can budget confidently without fearing hidden costs.
Reliable. You should be able to trust your criminal lawyer. Trust is important so that you explore your options with your lawyer with confidence. We are reliable and creative in finding solutions to our clients.